Problems with kernel 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem

Hi, I'm trying to get Debian (Lenny) to recognize 6 Gig of memory on a Dell PE 2650 server. I installed the basic 5.02a Debian system with just a minimal install then I installed the 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem kernel so it will see all the memory. When I boot into the bigmem kernel it fails to boot, the errors I get are:

   WARNING boot device may be renamed. Try root=/dev/hda3
   ALERT! /dev/sda3 does not exist

To see a snapshot of the full error goto:

   http://www.amwestonline.com/error/DSC07082.JPG

Booting into the regular 2.6.26-2-686 kernel works just fine, but I only see 4 gig of memory. After the error it drops me into a shell I can see that /dev/hda3 does not exist. This system is setup with Raid 5. I've been struggling with this for over a week now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

[Sorry about the cross posting, I'm trying to get to as wide an audience as possible.]