Re: Manual is in string freeze!

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:41:05PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:18:11PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > Rev 60476 - cjwatson (2 file(s) modified)
> > > Note that partman-auto/init_automatically_partition is only honoured if
> > >  partman-auto/method is not set.
> >
> > I'm reverting this commit as we're currently in a string freeze, as
> > announced on the list.
> >
> > Will reapply after release.
>
> Sorry, missed that. Please create a branch in a standard location so
> that commits can go somewhere rather than having to be queued up in
> various people's working copies.

Actually, in general we'd have a much easier time of it if we switched
our standard practice to always making a branch, freezing *that*, and
leaving trunk open. We haven't done that for a while (we used to), but
we should. The temporary confusion for translators would be much less if
this were standard practice.

(Of course this will be easier still with distributed revision control.)