Re: Bug#509178: installation-reports: sparc fails to boot 2.6.26: Memory Address not Aligned
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#509178: installation-reports: sparc fails to boot 2.6.26: Memory Address not Aligned
- From: Fer R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:53:21 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20081220094317.GC10022@dijkstra.uvt.nl>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081220094317.GC10022@dijkstra.uvt.nl>
I've solved this trouble doing a COLD REBOOT.
It is very simple:
Turn off your server, and disconnect the power supply cable. Wait about
twice minutes and then turn on the server. Before do poweroff, I recommend
change the default load to CDROM device in order to avoid boot from Harddisk
>From the ok prompt:
ok setenv boot-device cdrom
When the server has loaded, in the ok prompt:
When you do not need anymore boot from cdrom, reboot the server and in the
ok boot disk0:a
Joost van Baal-138 wrote:
> This might be the same bug as #509202.
> I'll try to setup cu or minicom to collect kernel messages on tuesday,
> while I am at the university again.
> FWIW, the boot fails in the same way with
> , built on 20081104-23:58 :
> Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
> Loaded kernel version 2.6.26
> Loading initial ramdisk (4284688 bytes at ....
> Memory Address not Aligned
> I'll try to get it to boot with the latest etch kernel on tuesday.
> Thanks, Bye,
> Joost van Baal http://abramowitz.uvt.nl/
> Tilburg University
> mailto:joostvb.uvt.nl The Netherlands
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Bug-509178%3A-installation-reports%3A-sparc-fails-to-boot-2.6.26%3A-Memory-Address-not-Aligned-tp21088794p24762165.html
Sent from the Debian Boot mailing list archive at Nabble.com.