Re: Kernel BoF, 29th July

Maks,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:51:04PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> even more if it is loop-aes which show a long history of
> hostily of the module owner versus linux-2.6 upstream.

That's not true.

There are several reasons why loop-AES has not been merged
upstream, and has very little chance of getting upstream in the
current form at all.

But hostility of the loop-AES upstream author towards linux-2.6
upstream is definately not the case. I'd like to ask you to take
more care before making such statements.

Anyways, on a constructive point, looking forward:

I'm about to submit a patchset that adds support for the loop-AES
crypto modes to the upstream kernel, so that it can be used with
plain dm-crypt and cryptsetup.

I hope this will reduce the need for using the OOT module in the
medium term, and will allow us in d-i to drop the reliance on the
OOT module builds for fully featured crypto support.

	Max