Re: wait for the boot device

maximilian attems <max@stro.at> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 01:55:40PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>
>> On Jun 25, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
>>
>>> Any word on this?
>>
>> I'd like to get an explanation from the kernel maintainers about why
>> this would be needed (and it would be needed in my package).
>
> your package ships the udev initramfs hook with the udevsettle call.
>
> i could easily put it somewhere else, but it is the logical place
> to put this modprobe in.

Hi Marco,

Now that a kernel (and initramfs-tools) maintainer gave the
explanation you requested, how do you think we could proceed with
this?

I'd like to add that udevsettle calls are also needed in other package
scripts (LVM, multipath, etc.) and there's even a wait_for_udev canned
function for this purpose, but these are more optional than yours.
--
Regards,
Feri.