Re: Switch to udhcpc in netcfg

Hello all,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Christian Perrier<bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> I just tested it with a locally built netboot image in Virtualbox.
>
> I applied the patch, compiled netcfg and built with that udeb in
> build/localudebs
>
> It unfortunately doesn't work. netcfg times out.

I've redone the Luk's patch to allow us to keep dhclient, dhclient3
and pump support. It is quite important, specially now, due the lack
of properly support of busybox to kfreebsd and possible other OSs.

To get it working I've to change netcfg and also to produce a busybox
udhcpc script. I've made the patches available for review and testing.
Please take a look at http://people.debian.org/~otavio/netcfg-udhcpc/

To test the udhcpc usage you can build an installer image with the
modified udebs and do, at console:

#: rm -rf /var/lib/dhcp3 /sbin/dhclient*

That way udhcpc is going to be used.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br