Re: partman-md/mdcfg merge

also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@ubuntu.com> [2009.07.17.2209 +0200]:
> It looks as if this is too difficult for people to test without it
> being in the archive, so in the absence of objections I've gone
> ahead and committed this. Let's see how it goes.

I am sorry, I just couldn't. Fundamentally, there shouldn't be
anything in the way of running debconf outside of d-i to test this
on a running system, right?

Btw, I do have a sophisticated mdadm test system with a lot of
hardware that can be (ab)used for all kinds of testing. I'd be happy
to hand out root access to someone who'd like to pursue the
challenge to make partman-* testable outside of d-i. It's
virtualised and I can always restore from snapshot.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

all software projects are done by iterative prototyping.
some companies call their prototypes "releases", that's all.