Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (4th version)

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:00:48PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Quoting Yuri Kozlov (yuray@komyakino.ru):
> >
> > (QEMU) In Russian:
> > console-setup asks a questions twise -- first at beginning installation and
> > second when installation of 'console-setup' package happened.
>
> Yes, this is something that should really be avoided.
>
> Anton, any idea why this happens?

No, but two hypotheses:

1. d-i doesn't set the 'seen' flag of the questions.  AFAIK
console-setup-udeb is the only udeb that asks questions on behalf of a
regular package.

2. The udeb didn't ask the 'origin' question, but the regular package is
older version so it asks it and triggers the layout question too.

> > After reboobing:
> > Cyrrilic letters is visible.
> > Keyboard layout switch (I select Winlogo) is not working.

If console-setup works improperly, please, send the contents of the file
/etc/default/console-setup in your reports.  All testers, please do the same!

Anton Zinoviev