Re: Upcoming Lenny Point Release

dann frazier wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 03:35:16PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Holger Levsen<holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> for Debian Edu it would be great if cdebconf would be updated to 0.141 in
>>> stable and new d-i initrds would be build, as we are using them directly and
>>> are being bitten by #508042, #507372 and #343119. Those bugs were fixed in
>>> 0.140, but due to #525209 0.141 is desirable.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if it's realistic at all (though the changes are just bugfixes
>>> and translation updates), but it would be good to have an answer, so either
>>> Debian Edu can use unmodified d-i or we have to fix it ourselves, which would
>>> mean branching d-i and a whole lot of more work (for the years to come).
>> I have no problem in prepare that fix for it however it needs a full
>> d-i update to happen. If RM team is OK with it I can take a look at it
>> and prepare the packages during this week.
>
> If d-i does respin, it would be cool if we could include an updated
> lkdi-s390, which would make the fix for #511334 available at install
> time.

As coordinated on IRC, it's fine to include the cdebconf and above linux
fix as well as the d-i respin as long as it is all uploaded, reviewed
and accepted at least one week before the actual point release.

Otavio already started to work on cdebconf in the meantime and Dann will
work on the kernel and upload soon.

Cheers

Luk