Re: Installation of sudo based systems

Luk Claes wrote:

Jérémy pointed me to this outstanding issue, so I had a look...

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:00:45 +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 12:42:44AM +0300, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
I know that adding another question at high priority might not be
a good
idea, so an option would be to enable (or ask a confirmation) sudo
installation if the user enters an empty root password during
Of course, that under the condition that the text displayed at that
point says
clearly that entering an empty password would lead to such a behaviour.
That was my intention. :)  Sorry for not being totally clear about it.
Please find attached a first try at d-i hacking to implement the above :-)

Note that I didn't test it yet.

I tested it, and it all works as intended. So I'm going to commit this one of the next days unless someone objects.