powerpc dailies back

Hi,

As you may know, I stopped the powerpc dailies about a month ago, due to
the fact that the machine on which they were running was a PowerMac
8500, an oldworld machine, that is no longer supported by recent
kernels; the kernel that it does run is now too old for the libc in
squeeze.

They now run on my old laptop (an apple powerbook G4, presumably that'll
be supported for quite a while to come) and will in time be migrated to
a PegasosII system that is with Martin Michlmayr currently but which
should make it over here. As long as that migration hasn't happened,
there might be intermittent cases where the powerbook doesn't manage to
do the daily build on one or another day, since it's not really 'hosted'
ATM. This is a temporary arrangement, anyway. If this happens more than
one or two days in a row, that means it's gone offline and I haven't
noticed; feel free to gently nudge me in that case.

As I type this, the first of the dailies built on country (my old
laptop) is being uploaded to people.debian.org

In setting up everything on the powerbook, I did not trouble myself to
re-enable the miboot builds anymore, since I understand they've been
long broken and nobody is working on them; and, also, since I can't seem
to find the miboot package anymore that's needed to do this (I believe
Sven Luther used to maintain them, but, well). Besides, it seems silly
to provide installation media for hardware on which no recent kernel
will boot.

trying to fool the system.