Bug#523792: console-setup: inittab's kbrequest doesn't work
With console-setup, on the console pressing
<either Alt key> + <up arrow>
generates ^[[A without triggering a kbrequest.
With the same setup, Alt+left and Alt+right and Alt+<F-key> are still
working to switch between virtual terminals.
kbrequest is configured in /etc/inittab:
# Action on special keypress (ALT-UpArrow).
#kb::kbrequest:/bin/echo "Keyboard Request--edit /etc/inittab to let this work."
kb::kbrequest:/bin/su - mail -c "fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmail/fetchmailrc"
-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (990, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 184.108.40.206 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Versions of packages console-setup depends on:
ii console-terminus 4.26-2.1 Fixed-width fonts for fast reading
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.26 Debian configuration management sy
ii xkb-data 1.5-2 X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configu
Versions of packages console-setup recommends:
ii console-tools 1:0.2.3dbs-65.1 Linux console and font utilities
Versions of packages console-setup suggests:
ii locales 2.9-7 GNU C Library: National Language (
ii locales-all [locales] 2.9-7 GNU C Library: Precompiled locale
ii lsb-base 3.2-22 Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
-- debconf information:
* console-setup/variant: USA - Dvorak
* console-setup/altgr: Menu key
* console-setup/ttys: /dev/tty[1-6]
* console-setup/codeset: # Latin1 and Latin5 - western Europe and Turkic languages
console-setup/toggle: No toggling
* console-setup/fontface: Fixed
* console-setup/fontsize-text: 16
* console-setup/compose: No compose key
console-setup/switch: No temporary switch
* console-setup/charmap: UTF-8
* console-setup/layout: USA
* console-setup/model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC