Bug#523559: console-setup: QWERTY console despite configuring for Dvorak
This is a recent install of console-setup, due to the Xorg dependency.
As you can see from the debconf info, I've configured for a UK Dvorak.
In X, the layout is UK Dvorak.
But the console itself is now Qwerty (non-UK; <shift>+<3> is hash rather
than the British Pound Sterling sign). This is after a reboot; running
dpkg-reconfigure, choosing the same options again and rebooting again has
made no difference.
The reportbug info has noticed a lot of "unsupported" stuff; that's
information that could be shown during the configuration stage.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (990, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 220.127.116.11 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Versions of packages console-setup depends on:
ii console-terminus 4.26-2.1 Fixed-width fonts for fast reading
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.26 Debian configuration management sy
ii xkb-data 1.5-2 X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configu
Versions of packages console-setup recommends:
ii console-tools 1:0.2.3dbs-65.1 Linux console and font utilities
Versions of packages console-setup suggests:
ii locales 2.9-7 GNU C Library: National Language (
ii locales-all [locales] 2.9-7 GNU C Library: Precompiled locale
ii lsb-base 3.2-22 Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
-- debconf information:
* console-setup/variant: United Kingdom - Dvorak
* console-setup/altgr: Menu key
* console-setup/ttys: /dev/tty[1-6]
* console-setup/codeset: # Latin1 and Latin5 - western Europe and Turkic languages
console-setup/toggle: No toggling
* console-setup/fontface: Fixed
* console-setup/fontsize-text: 13
* console-setup/compose: No compose key
console-setup/switch: No temporary switch
* console-setup/charmap: UTF-8
* console-setup/layout: United Kingdom
* console-setup/model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC