Re: r57961 - trunk/scripts/l10n

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 06:51:44PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Hmmmm, that script is *very* old....and outdated in probably many
> ways. It was used to "switch" a language from "one PO per package" to
> "one PO for D-I" back in.....long time ago (2005 or so?).
>
> It does not cope with the sublevels stuff and even references
> languagechooser that doesn't exist anymore since ages.
>
> This is quite typical bubullish shell scripting which I'm unsure it's
> very wise to maintain. I wonder how you came on that issue, Colin..:-)

I borrowed a copy of it a while back to maintain the master PO files for
the Ubuntu installer, which have to be reassembled from individual
packages so switch-language is about the right tool for the job. I
figured it made sense to fix it even if I wasn't sure whether anybody
cared about using it any more. :-)