Installer Problems

I am trying to say goodbye, I have an Acer Aspireone with Windows XP. I downloaded the Debian installer, which then allowed me via the Grub, to install Debian, which then downloaded files, which then asked me to reboot and I go back to the two choices to load at bootup , Windows Xp or Debian Installer, if I go to Debian installer it goes back to installing everything again. Not sure what to do now, Be kind I'm a newbie.
Bill