Re: Installation of sudo based systems

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 07:29:16PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> Note that I didn't test it yet. Is there some documentation available to
> ease testing in some virtual machine setup?

Straightforward way: start an installation in any way (using KVM or
VirtualBox can be the easiest, but YMMV), after user-setup has been
loaded, switch to another console (Alt+F2 or Alt+F3), use nano to change
the revelant shell scripts online.

Another way is to create a full development environment (as documented
on the wiki).  Make sure that you are able to build working installer
images without touching anything first.

Then, make your changes in user-setup (don't forget to increase the
version number), build the package and copy the resulting udeb(s) in
the localudebs/ directory in the installer tree.  The quickest method to
build test images is to use the netboot flavor.  But if you do that
directly, your customized user-setup won't be included in the image, as
it is normally loaded at a later stage from a mirror.  So you also need
to add "user-setup" to a new "pkg-lists/local" file before building the
image.

Hope that helps,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism