Debian 5

I would love to have your linux Debian 5 running on my computer but all I get is a message saying. analog RGB
                             16000 X 1200/60Hz
                             out of range
and this message go's around my monitor screen, my video card is Nvidia 9400GT PCi-EX with 1024mb of memory, is their any thing I can do, my monitor is a 19inch wide angel screen; makers name is XEROX Debian I am useing is the Gnome version, should I try one of the others like KDE/XFCE/LXDE/ thanks Derek Woodley
my email is dell_boy@blueyonder.co.uk          mobil 07866661101