Unable to install Lenny

Hi,
I'm trying to install lenny on my machine (tried both amd64 and i386),
but the installer won't recognize the partitions on my HD. I tried to
boot with the rescue option, and found out that it does find the
partitions, but for some reason doesn't show it on the selection screen
(it simply shows my disk as 250GB of unpartitioned space). My
motherboard is a Foxconn A6VMX, and my HD is a 250gbSamsung SataII disk
(can't remember the model now, will provide later if needed).
Going through the log messages of the installer, I've found an
interesting line:
"main-menu[1441]: INFO: menu item 'partman-base' succeeded but requested
to be left uncofigured"
I don't if this has anything to do with the problem, but after some
fiddling with the command-line I've found that partmap does know there
are partitions on the disk, and partman crashes if ran after running
part*_server (can't remember the whole command now :/ ).
Also, I tried the amd64-kde, amd64-netinst, i386-netinst, weekly and
daily builds of the lenny netinst image, and all have the same issue.
I'm trying now the etchnhalf disk, to install and update afterwards.
Any ideas?
TIA,
Khristian