Re: dmraid 1.0.0.rc15-1

On Monday 16 February 2009, Giuseppe Iuculano wrote:
> Relevant changes for d-i:
> - Build dmraid shared library for both standard and udeb packages. It
> will likely be used in the future by udev.
> - Create new packages, libdmraid-dev, libdmraid1.0.0.rc15,
> libdmraid1.0.0.rc15-udeb respectively
> - Install /sbin/dmraid-activate[1] also in dmraid-udeb package
> - debian/patches/10_exit_code.patch: Fix exit-code[2] for "No RAID
> disks" and "no block devices found" errors (LP: #300825)
>
> Is all of that ok?

Are any changes in D-I needed?

At least the last change [1] means that we can now simplify and improve
the code. Can you provide patches for that? It would also close #433579.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] I discussed that issue with dmraid upstream at some point [2], but
they did not even seem to understand the issue. Will that change be
pushed upstream now? IMO it is an important fix, but not one where you
really want to diverge from upstream.
[2] http://markmail.org/message/vf4ve2ky3bn5dpvj