Re: Uploading GNOME 2.24 to sid

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le dimanche 15 février 2009 à 15:00 -0300, Otavio Salvador a écrit :
>> >       * Broken graphical installer, until someone updates our GTK+
>> >         DirectFB patches
>> <...>
>> > Is all of that OK with the release team?
>>
>> - From d-i POV this is a serious issue since we will not allowed to test
>> the graphical installer. I'd much prefer to hold it until the DirectFB
>> patches are ready.
>
> And who will provide these patches? No one has been working on GTK+
> DirectFB for a long time.

[ I've added debian-boot ml to CC ]

I understand that you wish to update GNOME, specially GTK, in unstable
but I think this can't make installer broken as a conseguence.

Your comment fears me even more since it does look that we can end up
without directfb support for long time... I think you agree with me that
Graphical Installer can't be droped from Debian without a lot of people
being unhappy and tagging it as a really serious regression for user POV
so having it in mind I believe we need to find an alternative for it.

Who was last people that worked at those patches? Could them help us on
that?

In case they can't, do we have someone interested to work at it inside
of GNOME/GTK/Debian GNOME team?

Cheers,

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R