Re: Release Candidate 2 of Debian Installer

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:32:02PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 07 Feb 2009 18:50:47 +0100, a écrit :
>>>
>>> It's back, please read it back :)
>>
>> No news on this. In the last daily image I can see on
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/
>> there is still no tools/ directory.  Will it really be fixed for Lenny?
>
>This is out of Debian Installer control since it is done and managed by
>Debian CD team; I've added them to the CC list to know what they think
>about it.

I'll be honest here and say that I'm not convinced at all of the need
for loadlin any more. We *can* add it back, but it will mean making
last-minute changes just before we build.

Samuel: can you justify it for me please?

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]