Re: [net boot doc] please recommend atftpd instead of tftpd-hpa

On Monday 02 February 2009, Luca Favatella wrote:
> Initially I tried to use tftpd-hpa, as recommended in [d-i manual]
> ("we recommend tftpd-hpa").
>
> >From the same guide, I read
>
> "Debian packages will in general set this up correctly by default when
> they are installed"
> , but it is not true for tftpd-hpa; instead it is true for atftpd.
> I lost at least 2 hours trying to set it up.
> Then I switched to atftpd and all worked flawlessly with my settings.

I don't see the problem here. tftpd-hpa is recommended for good reasons
and AFAIK does work correctly in a lot of situations. That does not mean
it works correctly in all situations, or in your particular situation.

In general it is almost impossible to describe how to set up server
daemons in a way that will work for everybody. Some reading of manual
pages and tuning of configuration is to be expected.

Based on the information you have provided so far I see no reason to
change the installation guide.

Cheers,
FJP