Re: r57457 - in trunk/packages/base-installer: debian kernel

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:13:35AM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@alioth.debian.org> writes:
> > Author: cjwatson
> > Date: Thu Jan 29 11:40:25 2009
> > New Revision: 57457
> >
> > Log:
> > Fix hppa kernel selection: "64?" and "(64)?" are not the same thing in
> > regular expressions!
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/packages/base-installer/debian/changelog
> >    trunk/packages/base-installer/kernel/hppa.sh
>
> Any objection about backporting it to Lenny?

We determined on IRC that this isn't necessary because the string that
fails to be detected by this broken regex is already detected by a
correct regex two lines earlier. Besides, the whole hppa kernel
detection business is rather inaccurate at the moment; I knocked
together http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.parisc/1242, which
ought to let us do a better job.