Re: Source compliance for D-I build dependencies: follow-up

* Mark Hymers [Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:34:13 +0000]:

> The other option, which I've been thinking about for a while, would be
> to allow binary packages (deb or udeb) to declare a field such as:

> Source-Depends: foo (= 1.2-1)

> We could then teach dak to hang on to source packages for as long as
> they're still referenced by any binary package, thus making all this
> much easier.

Interesting. It's even more interesting because we have other packages
than d-i in need of this, eg. linux-modules-extra. (Though here the
issue is more complex, because the modules have an accompanying
userspace that shouldn't get much out of sync for things to work.)

> That's a post-lenny discussion though, but possibly worth considering on
> another list somewhere.

Definitely, thanks for bringing it up.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                      Listening to: Will Young - Letting In The Sunshine