Re: gzip: ./tmp/netboot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-sparc64: not in gzip format

On Sunday 23 November 2008, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 20081121 om 15:02 schreef Otavio Salvador:
> > Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> writes:
> > > (That the daily d-i build of Sparc failed on 20 november due
> > >   gzip: ./tmp/netboot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-sparc64: not in gzip format
> > > is something else  ( next automatic build is at 12:00 UTC ))
> >
> > Quite strange. Frans could you take a look on that for us?

Will you please stop asking me to do stuff? I thought I had made my
current feelings clear. If there are things I *want* to look into, you'll
see me follow up on them.

This is obviously an RC issue for RC2 for sparc, so track it, deal with it
(or find someone to deal with it), but don't pester me.

> With this patch did I get clean build.

And possibly also a non-working image!

Someone needs to trace the actual cause of the problem here. Why is the
kernel no longer getting compressed or not getting compressed correctly?

Random changes without knowing what caused the builds to suddenly go wrong
in the first place are *never* a good idea.

Cheers,
FJP