Re: usb stick does not mount

Joakim Seeberg skrev:
Martin Michlmayr skrev:
* Joakim Seeberg <privat@seebergit.dk> [2008-11-15 18:11]:
I'm trying to install debian on an Uninitialized qnap TS-209.  My
usb stick (ID 13fe:1c50 Kingston Technology Company Inc) does not
mount automatically and it does not show up when doing fdisk -l. The
usb  stick is old and works fine on etch and lenny. Could it really
be that it is not supportes by Qnap linux or is it another ploblem.
I dont have  another usb stick around to test with.

But it shows up when you put it into your PC?  Did you use VFAT or
ext2/ext3 to format it?  What does 'dmesg' say on the QNAP about 10
seconds after you plug it in?

it is vfat
dmesg:
sdi : sense not available.
sdi: Write Protect is off
sdi: Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
sdi: assuming drive cache: write through
sdi : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdi : status=0, message=00, host=7, driver=00
sdi : sense not available.
sdi: Write Protect is off
sdi: Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
sdi: assuming drive cache: write through
sdi:<3>Buffer I/O error on device sdi, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device sdi, logical block 0
ldm_validate_partition_table(): Disk read failed.
Buffer I/O error on device sdi, logical block 0
unable to read partition table
sdi : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdi : status=0, message=00, host=7, driver=00

Just tried to format the stick with ext2 but that did not help and dmesg looks the same