commit 8c389ca5ed097c8554e7df4c29529f8c7ba2aba2
Author: Joey Hess <joey@kodama.kitenet.net>
Date:   Tue Jul 22 00:12:34 2008 -0400

    print-server, desktop: remove foomatic-db-{engine,hpijs,gutenprint}

    cups apparently does not use them, instead using foomatic-filters-ppds

Especially foomatic-db-gutenprint is problematic as its package size is
50MB, which means that it pushes a LOT of packages to later CDs if it
does get included on CD1.

printconf itself is part of both the desktop and print-server tasks for
tasksel.

Can you confirm that cups indeed does no longer uses these three
foomatic-db-* packages?
If so, would it be OK to remove them as dependencies from printconf, or if
not, to at least make them Recommends instead of Depends?

I'll be happy to file an RC bug to help get the change accepted into
lenny, but thought to discuss this first.

There obviously is some urgency to this.

Cheers,
FJP