Re: Proposal of Debian Installer Errata updates

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 07:24:25PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Here goes my first proposed diff against current errata[1]. Please
> check if I've skiped anything that you can test and check if it works
> now or if you know it has been fixed already.
>
> 1. http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata

I think the powerpc item was always slightly wrong. I suggest (sorry,
don't have the source to hand):

-the snd-powermac module is no longer loaded by default as it will lock up some systems; you will need to add it to /etc/modules manually
+the snd-powermac module is no longer loaded by default on all systems as it will lock up some models; you may need to add it to /etc/modules manually

Note that the hw-detect changelog entry was:

  * discover-mac-io.sh: snd-powermac can lock up G5 iMac and Power Mac.

... and the code reads:

        elif [ "$name" = awacs ]; then
                # probably best to go for ALSA
                register-module snd-powermac
        elif [ "$name" = davbus ] || [ "$name" = i2s-a ]; then
                for child in "$dir"/*; do
                        if [ -f "$child/name" ]; then
                                childname="$(cat "$child/name" 2>/dev/null || true)"
                                if [ "$childname" = sound ]; then
                                        if  [ "$name" != i2s-a ]; then
                                                register-module snd-powermac
                                        fi