testing i386 netinst and encrypted filesystems

I asked on IRC and haven't gotten an answer. After trying 6 times I am now convinced that the "latest build" i386 netboot installer image from yesterday isn't setting up the encrypted filesystem correctly. It asks for my passphrase, but doesn't appear to be running cryptsetup correctly. I had to drop down to the initramfs prompt and manually run
 cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda2 zoot

Then make the volume group available, and finally, it would boot.
However, it asked me for the passphrase two more times before I got a
login prompt: both times I just hit enter.

Here's a snippet from the console log:
[ 4.683656] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.13.0-ioctl (2007-10-18) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com

     Volume group "zoot" not found

     Volume group "zoot" not found

   Enter passphrase to unlock the disk /dev/sda2 (sda2_crypt):

   Command failed: No key available with this passphrase.

   cryptsetup: crytpsetup failde, bad password or options?

etc.
, until it fell back to the initramfs shell.

At that point I logged in and did some package upgrades, one of which cased a new initrd to be created. On reboot now, I still get the Volume group "zoot" not found

messages, but now it's not asking me for a passphrase at all.  When the
rootdelay times out, it says "/dev/mapper/zoot-root does not exist".
And now I can't remember how to get the thing to boot, it seems.

This machine isn't critical so I'll hold off until I hear back from the
list; maybe someone will want me to try something or other.

Neale