Re: [RFC]: Install rescue-initramfs dialog

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:00:04PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> As a part of my GSoC project I am currently working on a
> piece of software that is called rescue-initramfs. If installed it
> installs dropbear (SSH), some filesystem tools, micro-evtd
> and uboot-envtools to the ramdisk. This enables people to
> login to their box even if the rootfs didn't come up properly.
> A typical use case is for users that have installed Debian on
> their NAS device and don't have a serial console attached.
>
> It would be useful for these users if they, during installation,
> could get a dialog asking them if they want to install
> rescue-initramfs.  So I ask, where should this go?

Is there any reason why it should not be installed by default?

We could always leave up to the administrator to remove the package if
such feature is really not desired.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism