Re: No floppy images to install Lenny

Thanks for the fast reply.

A moment after I sended my question I found the answer here -> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20080609.
I could read on the third point on "known issues on this release" that "i386: for this release installation from floppy disk is not supported".

Thank you again and hope you will find the way to support floppy on lenny installation.

Regards,

    Arturo.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 20:38, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
Arturo Moral wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm trying to get floppy images to install lenny but there's no images
> available. You can find cdrom, hd-media and netboot in oficial mirrors, but no
> floppy images. Neither lenny beta 2, weekly or daily images.
>
> Please, inform where to find it or if install floppy images will be
> discontinued.

Floppy images currently can't be built due to a kernel/upx
incompatability.

I don't know if this will be fixed for lenny (or ever).

--
see shy jo