Re: Make syslinux beep?

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Frans Pop, le Tue 12 Aug 2008 10:29:23 +0200, a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > > Here is a patch.  I didn't know how I should detect the kind of
> > > build, I just made it look at the udebs source.
> >
> > I don't think it's smart to use USE_UDEBS_FROM here. Better use a
> > dedicated variable.
>
> So add a new one, just for the beeps or some RELEASE_BUILD=true/false?

Something just for the beeps. Someone should be able to turn this specific
feature on/off for a particular build. It also means that config/common
should only set a default if not already set. Of course the option also
needs to be documented in build/README.

> > <test> ]'.
>
> I'm curious: why?

Readability; general D-I coding style preference; bashism.
Take your pick :-)