Re: Problems with netboot files for etch'n half

On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I think there is some problems with installation files (kernel and
> initrd) for netboot.
>
> I pick the files from:
> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-amd64/current
>/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/
>
> linux is kernel 2.6.24, so it's correctly etch'n half
> but initrd.gz only contains modules for 2.6.18 (in /lib/modules) so no
> way one can install something from that.

This does not make any sense to me. 'strings' tells me the kernel in that
dir is 2.6.18. And that is exactly as it is supposed to be as _none_ of
the images under dists/etch/main/installer-* has anything at all to do
with etchnhalf. They are etch 4.0r4 images, not etchnhalf images, and
thus use and install 2.6.18.

See [1] for installation instructions and images that will install
etchnhalf.

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/etchnhalf