Re: Allow localechooser to propagate to testing

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 06:59:45AM +0000, Christian Perrier wrote:
> localechooser 2.04 fixes a few things for D-I but that should normally
> be included as part of a normal D-I release.
>
> *However*, it also drops the need for iso-codes-udeb and will
> therefore make the need for that udeb useless, which would in turn
> simplify the work of iso-codes maintainers (see recent unblock request
> by Tobias).
>
> When I discussed that with him in mid-July, Frans Pop agreed that the
> best way to fix this was uploading localechooser 2.04 and have it
> enter testing so that an iso-codes package without the udeb can be
> uploaded to unstable and then enter testing.
>
> So, technically speaking, that was prepared before the
> freeze..:-)...However, for this to happen, we needed to:
>
> - have iso-codes enter testing (it contains several important changes
> in lists and translations and iso-codes maintainers wanted to secure
> them out)
> - have localechooser enter testing
> - build a new iso-codes without the udeb
> - have it enter testing
>
> So, now I think we should request for 2). If the D-I RM agrees, could
> localechooser be hinted for testing, please?

I'd like to have the d-i people opinion on the disruptiveness of that
first. Not building an udeb for iso-codes now that it's unblocked for
testing would be fine.

If i'm correct localechooser is mostly (if not only) used during d-i, so
d-i people opinion matters more than ours. I will follow them on this.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit