Re: unblocking partman-multipath

* Otavio Salvador [Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:58:19 -0300]:

> Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> writes:
> > I've ported the necessary patches from 1.9 + the Debian specific parts
> > over to Debian's 1.8:
> >  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/agx/parted1.8.git;a=summary

> Patch looks OK. It is not invassive but due the new attribute on
> LinuxSpecific we'll have a different ABI.

> RT would be acceptable for you to have this mini transition now? That
> is the last missing part to fully support multipath on d-i.

Mini transition of what? libparted1.8-9 -> libparted1.8-10? Since the
1.8 transition itself hasn't happened yet (any news about that,
Otavio?), I guess we could squeeze it in, but... please assess: is the
patch safe at this stage for the installer?

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

When all is summed up, a man never speaks of himself without loss; his
accusations of himself are always believed; his praises never.
                -- Michel de Montaigne