Re: partman extended partition bug

Le mercredi 16 janvier 2008 23:09, Frans Pop a écrit :
> As you can see, an additional change was needed in partman-auto-lvm to make
> using a primary partition really work (initialization of devfspv_devices
> happened after use in create_primary_partitions).

Right, and I didn't noticed it as I rewrote this part to have devfspv_devices
initialized before.

> P.S. I'll reply soon to your proposed patch for using multiple disks.

Don't be too quick to review it as I'm completely rewriting this. I am not
satisfied with this former patch as it is too restrictive : there will always
be one VG on your system after partman-auto-lvm has applied the recipe, and
it may be useful to have more than this.

I finished writing the patch, but it needs a little more polishing : I must
still read some docs about the error management with debconf (actually errors
in my code are either silently ignored if they are not fatal or cause
an "exit 1"). After this, I must still validate that I didn't broke anything
in the handling of default recipes. So don't expect anything before one week,
if everything goes as planned. Which never happens, but who knows ?

Cheers,
Grégory