Re: [tefera@mekuria.com: Re: Debian Installer: Amharic screenshots]

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from TG <tefera@mekuria.com> -----
> From: TG <tefera@mekuria.com>
>
> We have discussed about the size of the fonts.
>  9 and 10 are almost identical and too small to read. 12 is suggested by
> most as the most comfortable one and many prefered it if there are no
> size restrictions.

As I've said before, judging the font size from those screenshots is not
really possibly. Please try a current daily image which has the font size
set to 10pt. I thought it was fairly readable, but of course your opinion
is more important.

If you want to try different font sizes, just switch to VT2 (using
ctrl-alt-f2) and edit the gtk-set-font script using the following command
   nano /usr/bin/gtk-set-font

It should be fairly clear what change you need to make, but please ask if it
is not.

> Have a question though. Is it possible to change the font in the future
> when better fonts are available?

Yes, that is possible.

Cheers,
FJP