Re: Update request for 4.0r2 Errata.

On Friday 11 January 2008, Alex Owen wrote:
> To save confusion I would like to propose the following sentence be
> added to the Errata [2]
> under the existing heading "Errata for release 4.0r2":

The errata on [2] already contains the following:
"Due to an oversight, the installer does not use the kernel version released
with 4.0r2, but a slightly older one (2.6.18.dfsg.1-13). Modules loaded
later in the installation may be from a later version (2.6.18.dfsg.1-16),
but as these two versions are ABI compatible, this should not cause any
problems.
For the same reason, the added support for Nevada SGI O2 machines mentioned
in the release announcement is not actually included in this release.
These two issues will be corrected with the next point release for Etch."

Which is basically the same issue but focussed on the most essential
consequences.

> [2] http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/

Cheers,
FJP