Bug#509299: installation: Error in Windows-Based Debial Installation
- To: "Armstrong, Mike" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#509299: installation: Error in Windows-Based Debial Installation
- From: Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:25:05 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20081223132505.GD15100@thorin>
- Reply-to: Robert Millan <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <4E3305C1A31C0B4081BD7E2265AB4A203D672C@OBT-W-EVS1P.dvuadmin.net>
- References: <20081221000654.4208.22481.reportbug@CAL-LT-MARMSTRO.MBA.Home> <[🔎] 20081222143303.GA14258@thorin> <4E3305C1A31C0B4081BD7E2265AB4A203D6728@OBT-W-EVS1P.dvuadmin.net> <20081222221813.GA27542@thorin> <4E3305C1A31C0B4081BD7E2265AB4A203D6729@OBT-W-EVS1P.dvuadmin.net> <20081223000431.GA30696@thorin> <4E3305C1A31C0B4081BD7E2265AB4A203D672B@OBT-W-EVS1P.dvuadmin.net> <20081223015216.GC1751@thorin> <4E3305C1A31C0B4081BD7E2265AB4A203D672C@OBT-W-EVS1P.dvuadmin.net>
[ Please keep CC to the BTS ]
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 09:48:15PM -0600, Armstrong, Mike wrote:
> Perhaps that is the problem. My boot drive is C: and does not have a C:\Windows or a C:\Windows\Temp directory. My system drive is D: and it does have a D:\Windows\Temp dir. I DO have a Temp directory in the root of all my filesystems (I always create one). Also there is %SystemDrive%\Windows\Temp and %SystemDrive%\Users\<loginID>\Appdata\Local\Temp
> With the error message dialog box still open, I did a full search (all logical drives) for cpio.bat ==> no find. It looks like the cpio.bat files (and others??) are not being extracted because an assumption is made as to the existence of the parent (temp) directory???
Ok. Please try this one:
and see if it properly creates a pluginsdir.
The DRM opt-in fallacy: "Your data belongs to us. We will decide when (and
how) you may access your data; but nobody's threatening your freedom: we
still allow you to remove your data and not access it at all."