Re: preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:13:13PM +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19:23AM +0200, H. Langos wrote:
> >               4096 4096 4096 linux-swap                       \
> >                       lvm_ok{ }                               \
>
> That should be "$lvmok{ }".  Same goes for other partitions.

You are right about that. Unfortunately it doesn't change a thing.

I still get lots of separate logical partitions instead of logical
volumes.

Here's the (corrected) recipe that i use:

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                         \
      boot-lvm-root-home-spare ::                             \
              512 512 512 ext3                                \
                      $primary{ } $bootable{ }                \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /boot }                     \
              .                                               \
              100 1000000 1000000000 ext3                     \
                      method{ lvm }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ }                       \
                      format{ }                               \
                      vg_name{ vg00 }                         \
              .                                               \
              4096 4096 4096 linux-swap                       \
                      $lvmok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ swap }                         \
                      method{ swap } format{ }                \
              .                                               \
              10000 10000 10000 ext3                          \
                      $lvmok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ root }                         \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      label{ root }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ / }                         \
              .                                               \
              30000 30000 30000 ext3                          \
                      $lvmok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ home }                         \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      label{ home }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /home }                     \
              .                                               \
              100 10000 10000000 ext3                         \
                      $lvmok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ removeme }                     \
                      method{ keep }                          \
              .

If I replace all those "$lvmok{ }" by "$defaultignore{ }",
those partitions are not created at all. Only one big "lvm"
partition is created but no volumegroup inside it.

Currently I am stumbling around in the dark... trying different sets
of options to make it work. But no luck yet.

cheers
-henrik

PS: On the upside: switching from "lenny beta2" to the daily build
of the installer seems to have fixed the problem where occasionally
the usb stick is registered as sda while the sata disk becomes sdb.
so at least i will not have to reboot too often.