Re: automatic loading of kernel modules

On Monday 06 October 2008, Philipp Hübner wrote:
> I've got a question concerning automatic loading of kernel modules.
> If there is a better mailing-list than this, please point me towards
> it, I thought the people on this list would know best about kernel
> modules.

The debian-user or debian-kernel lists would have been more appropriate.
You question is rather off-topic for debian-boot.

> How do I make sure this new module gets loaded instead of the old one?

I don't think you can. You can only specify a full path if you use insmod
instead of modprobe. Only if the modules had different names you could
blacklist one and the other should be loaded automatically.

> So far I've overwritten the kernel module with my own one, but that is
> not a nice solution.

Why not? Seems like the simplest solution to me.

Cheers,
FJP