plans concerning console-setup for squeeze?

[please cc me on any replies as I'm not on -boot]

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there are any plans to install console-setup by
default in the squeeze time frame?
It would be nice to have only one place to setup keyboard settings for
both X and the console, and as we'll be migrating that away from
xorg.conf for the Xorg input-hotplug stuff anyway, I wonder if I should
move the settings from xorg.conf to /etc/default/console-setup when
upgrading X, and use that file to determine the layout in hal/X.
For initial installs, I'll still need something to set the layout,
which means either keep doing it in xserver-xorg.postinst, or rely on
console-setup doing it for me.  Obviously I prefer the second option ;)

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Julien