Re: [partman-crypto] Trying to understand crypto_do_wipe ( )

On Tue, September 9, 2008 08:51, Oei, YC wrote:
> If I may ask one more question, slightly tangential, just to check if
> I get it now: when I'm setting up a new crypt-device manually, it
> should be ok to wipe the disk *after* setting up the crypt_device with
> the actual passphrase we will be using with it later, is that right?

Sounds right. Writing to the entire crypto device after it has been setup
with the proper passphrase would have the same effect (of not being able
to tell later which parts of the disk are actually in use and of making
sure that no old data from previous installs is left on the device).

--
David Härdeman