Re: Lenny installer string freeze status 20080909

Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:23:26AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > 12 days left before the end of the string freeze
>
> <snip>
>
> As long as we're going to be receiving these every day, might it be
> worthwhile to include a link to some documentation on how to get started on
> d-i translations?  Perhaps there are some prospective Telugu translators who
> would be motivated to do the work, but don't see anything in this email that
> tells them how to get started. :)

Well, at this very moment, the point is not seeking for new
translators but more getting the *existing* ones to complete their
work.

More specifically about Telugu (don't tell me you speak that language
too, Steve?), I've got contacts back at Foss.in and Prasad Kadambi who
I met there is supposed to coordinate the initial l10n effort....but
as of now nearly nothing happened.

I of course understand I may sound kinda annoying by sending this
everyday, but experience shows that this is about the only way to
achieve the expected result....and, yes, that's really tiring to have
to do this for every release...:)

So, well, I can certainly add a link to
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ which is the starting point for
all translators... even though I'm not convinced this will add much
value to the boring mail...