Re: [Pkg-ltsp-devel] freeze exception for ltsp 5.1.10-2

[Vagrant Cascadian]
> please consider a freeze exception for ltsp 5.1.10-2.
>
> debian-boot CCed as it contains a udeb, but no changes were made to the
> udeb.
>
> it includes a patch to use debootstrap's gpg verification, so that the
> initial ltsp chroot doesn't get created with potentially untrusted
> packages.

Is this tested with unsigned CDs?  The reason I ask, is that the
Debian Edu CDs are not signed, and I would hate to have the LTSP
installation break because of this.  If anyone know how to get
debian-cd to generate signed CDs, please let us know on
debian-edu@lists.debian.org. :)

> it also adds support for rsyslog, now the default syslog daemon on
> lenny.

This seem like a good idea, but how is the ram usage of rsyslog
compared to sysklogd?  On my NSLU2, rsyslog seem to use 27 MB (with ~1
MB RSS, perhaps it is just mmap-ing a lot of files?

Sorry for not bringing this up earlier.  Did not notice these planned
changes before now.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen