Re: lenny installer

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 07:57:47PM +0200, Artur Banach wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>I found Your email on the debian website and because You are developer
>maybe You might help me with small issue of the beta release of Lenny.
>My sister was trying to install Lenny from the net-inst ISO image but
>with some problems, rather silly. We are polish, and she was trying to
>set-up polish language as a installation language. But even she did the
>next step (graphic installer) was still in english and it wasn't any
>step with keyboard layout options. Im not newbie, Im in linux for 10
>years and 1 year with debian but.....Im so supriced why is it like that.
>I was trying to help her but Im in aberdeen, she is back in poland so it
>wasnt so easy. Anyway, maybe You have any idea what might went wrong? Is
>it any issue with the new installer?

Hi Artur,

Yes, it sounds like you've found a bug in the beta. Not all the
strings are translated yet in that release, and that's something we're
hoping to have finished for the real Lenny release that's due soon. If
you want to know more, I'd suggest you ask on the debian-boot mailing
list (see the cc:).

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead