Re: New template: partman check to make sure boot is ext2/3

Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> I need a debconf prompt that can be used as a partman check to tell
> users that their boot partition has to be either ext2 or ext3.  This
> is needed on the HP mv2120 and Kurobox Pro.
>
> partman-ext2r0/boot_not_ext2r0 does something similar so based on this
> template I suggest:

>  Your boot partition has not been configured with the ext2 or ext3
>  file system.  This is needed by your machine in order to boot.  Please go
>  back and use either the ext2 or ext3 file system.
>  .
>  If you do not go back to the partitioning menu and correct this error,
>  the partition will be used as is.  This means that you may not be able
>  to boot from your hard disk.
>
> I don't really like the word "boot partition" in here because users might
> think of /boot - this txt is shown if there's a /boot but if /boot doesn't
> exist it will check the root partition.  But maybe it's obvious to users
> that the root partition is the boot partition when there's no /boot.
>
> Any comments?  This is basically partman-ext2r0/boot_not_ext2r0 with "old
> ext2 (revision 0)" changed to "ext2 or ext3".

I'm not fond of the double spaces after full stops.
Indeed, this is something that we're not entirely consistent about in
D-I templates (I found of few occurrences of doubles spaces here and
there)...including those you took as model.

I'm also not very fond or "your" everywhere as nothing guarantees that
the computer is "mine" (particularly when this is a corporate server I'm
installing....or when I have someone installing one of "my" servers on
my behalf).

However, this is an overall style change that would then be needed all
over D-I templates, which is something we can't really afford now.

So, I vote for a GO for these templates and we'll change this for a more
consistent writing style in the future (I just recorded that in
packages/po/TODO).