Bug#393728: marked as done (dm-crypt on raid does not play nicely)
Your message dated Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:17:02 +0000
with message-id <E1KQQ9e-0004sV-8O@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#393728: fixed in partman-md 42
has caused the Debian Bug report #393728,
regarding dm-crypt on raid does not play nicely
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
I installed from today's i386 netinst (20061016) with the following
/dev/hda1 16MB /boot
/dev/hda2 500MB physical volume for raid
/dev/hdb1 16MB unused
/dev/hdb2 500MB physical volume for raid
RAID 1 was created from /dev/hda2 and /dev/hdb2 and on the top of it
dm-crypt partition was created with all defaults.
After returning from "Configure encrypted volumes" the new device
md0_crypt was created as expected, but there was no "partition" inside
it to use.
I had to press enter on the md0_crypt device itself and it offered me
to create new partition table, which in turn created free space, which
then I was able to partition. (Quite surprised as I did not see this
with partman-crypto yet.) So in this free space I created two
partitions, 400 MB for / and the rest (~91 MB) for /home.
The installation then proceeded like usual, but after the reboot to
the real system
Begin: Loading MD modules ...
md: driver 0.90.3 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: bitmap version 4.39
md: raid1 personality registered for level 1
Success: loaded module raid1.
Begin: Assembling all MD arrays ...
md: md0 stopped.
raid1: raid set md0 active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 2 drives.
Success: assembled all arrays.
No cryptoroot configured, skipping
Begin: Waiting for root file system... ...
The boot was stuck at that point, but after a while it continued:
Check root= bootarg cat /proc/cmdline
or mirring modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev
ALERT! /dev/mapper/md0_crypt does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
partman-md, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Otavio Salvador <email@example.com> (supplier of updated partman-md package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:01:00 -0300
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Otavio Salvador <firstname.lastname@example.org>
partman-md - Add to partman support for MD (udeb)
Closes: 391474 391479 391483 393728 398668
partman-md (42) unstable; urgency=low
[ Jérémy Bobbio ]
* Clean up the initialization of MD devices. Together with the changes
introduced in partman-base (>= 124), setup of RAID devices won't be lost
across partman restarts anymore.
(Closes: #391479, #391483, #393728, #398668)
* Load the necessary modules and scan RAID arrays during partman
initialization. (Closes: #391474)
* Add device_remove_md() in lib/md-remove.sh: it is necessary to allow
proper removal of MD devices when we create a new label on a disk
(for example, during automatic partitioning).
[ Updated translations ]
* Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat
* Belarusian (be.po) by Pavel Piatruk
* Bulgarian (bg.po) by Damyan Ivanov
* Czech (cs.po) by Miroslav Kure
* German (de.po) by Jens Seidel
* Dzongkha (dz.po) by Tenzin Dendup
* Esperanto (eo.po) by Felipe Castro
* Spanish (es.po) by Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
* Basque (eu.po) by Piarres Beobide
* Finnish (fi.po) by Esko Arajärvi
* French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier
* Galician (gl.po) by Jacobo Tarrio
* Gujarati (gu.po) by Kartik Mistry
* Croatian (hr.po) by Josip Rodin
* Indonesian (id.po) by Arief S Fitrianto
* Italian (it.po) by Milo Casagrande
* Japanese (ja.po) by Kenshi Muto
* Korean (ko.po) by Changwoo Ryu
* Lithuanian (lt.po) by Kęstutis Biliūnas
* Malayalam (ml.po) by Praveen|പ്രവീണണ് A|എ
* Marathi (mr.po) by Sampada
* Norwegian Bokmål (nb.po) by Hans Fredrik Nordhaug
* Dutch (nl.po) by Frans Pop
* Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
* Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo
* Romanian (ro.po) by Eddy Petrișor
* Russian (ru.po) by Yuri Kozlov
* Slovak (sk.po) by Ivan Masár
* Slovenian (sl.po) by Matej Kovacic
* Swedish (sv.po) by Daniel Nylander
* Thai (th.po) by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
* Tagalog (tl.po) by Eric Pareja
* Turkish (tr.po) by Mert Dirik
* Vietnamese (vi.po) by Clytie Siddall
* Wolof (wo.po) by Mouhamadou Mamoune Mbacke
* Simplified Chinese (zh_CN.po) by Kov Chai
770749f26037a6d1ad2df646c87fd0512c9e855a 827 partman-md_42.dsc
8ec5cbce3911730f6adc306ce50ef743371ef0ea 57654 partman-md_42.tar.gz
d0ced36ad2a86103020551a42009086302c6a97e 33210 partman-md_42_all.udeb
c3730404a20f8f37a1a44c34ec8934701a5bc2740fb5e472e00f8e2996662c91 827 partman-md_42.dsc
8ce19e4ce278dde73a09f511bfff7659fff5e2642da97f44f678233df0bdd5c1 57654 partman-md_42.tar.gz
33d69590e7b3232146014872e6e6cbd46f0b13091a92a255fdcba9779926928b 33210 partman-md_42_all.udeb
df412e7bbc176d10e3b19a28b80a162a 827 debian-installer standard partman-md_42.dsc
c6e25adab9e425eb5bd50d51a19cba45 57654 debian-installer standard partman-md_42.tar.gz
51c4e5ce28dc2d6da0884a23cb801afe 33210 debian-installer standard partman-md_42_all.udeb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---