preseeded partitioning recipes

Hi,

I was trying to make a recipe that differs only slightly from the
"multi_scheme" pre-cooked recipe, which has a real /boot and everything
else including swap in an LVM volume group.
The differences were that
 * I want a separate, real "/" partition, with all the others in LVM.
 * I don't want a separate /boot partition.

I found it quite difficult to work out how to do this from the available
documentation - should I file a bug asking for improvements?

What was happening was that the installer would always stop and complain to me that there was no separate /boot partition, and asked me if I wanted to continue.

The resolution was to add a line to my preseed file that auto-answered
the question:
  d-i partman-auto-lvm/no_boot boolean true

To find this out, I had to do some digging in a shell while the installer
was stuck at that question -
 * check the recipe had been read correctly (/tmp/expert_recipe)
 * examine each of the scripts in /lib/partman until I found something
   that looked right (in auto-lvm_tools.sh).

I have a few questions:
 1. Is there somewhere in the manual I should have found this?

 2. Is there some way to see the "debconf name" for the screen that the
    installer is currently showing on screen?

 3. Is there a way to generate a summary of all possible questions
    that the installer can ask
    (aside from debconf-get-selections on an installed system)

 4. In [1] I noticed that a distinction is drawn between specifiers
    like this
        d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string multi_scheme :: \
    and
      d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string my_scheme : \
    Is it more correct to use the ":" form instead of the "::" form
    when using a custom recipe like the one I am preparing?
    Should the "::" form work anyway with custom recipes?
    (ie is it a bug if it does, or if it doesn't?)

Cheers
Vince

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-installer/installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt