Re: [RFC] Add support for shells in the graphical installer

On Saturday 12 July 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> I think you mean u210
[...]
> I changed the stripping rule (for mono) as to strip all but u0..u210

No. This strips more than I intended. The Cyrillic and Latin Extended sets
for example should IMO remain included. I really meant u2100: Letterlike
symbols and higher. I'm aware that makes the savings a _lot_ less, but
all small bits help in D-I.

Also means that Jérémy will have to redo his numbers :-)

Unless of course others feel that we really should strip down this much.
Guess now that we have the extra-reduced udeb a comparison of the
difference between the two makes sense, for example in Greek or Russian,
when reading the syslog (which _does_ contain translated text) in nano.
I would expect the quality loss to be significant and thus worth the cost.

Jérémy: could you do that compare maybe?